Introducing pixel-tech, a series on my blog (that I will do whenever I feel like doing one…) about tech. So, welcome to the first post:
What’s on my PC…
- This is subject to change, and will not be updated when I install new software.
- What PC is it, Dan?
- A ‘Dell Studio 1558’, manufactured at a date I cannot find (if you know where to find the manufactured date in Windows / BIOS, please tell me!), and has an Intel Core 13 CPU, 2 cores. A 64 (x64) bit PC.
- How do you use it?
- It’s plugged into a BenQ GL2450 24-inch (Full HD 1080p 16:9) monitor, a set of Logitech S-0155a stereo speakers behind the monitor, a Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam (720p HD 30fps).
- Along with that, we use a Logitech K330 and M215 bundle, all connected to the same dongle thanks to the Logitech Unifying software.
- As the laptop itself has only 3 USB ports, and we have 3 accessories, we use a ‘GMYLE EXPRESS USB3.0 CARD’ that gives us two extra USB ports completely flush and attached to the computer. That gives us one port on the left and one on the right. The port on the left is also the ESATA port.
- The device does have an SD card on the right, but that doesn’t work. Instead, (and also as I use Eye-fi – or am trying to!) I use an Eye-Fi USB SD card reader.
So, let’s start!
- 7-Zip – for, well, unzipping?
- Access 2016 – for dem databases
- Adobe Digital Editions – for ebooks..!
- Advanced IP Scanner – some networkin’ stuff there
- Android Studio – for romming tablets!
- Apple Software Update – IT’S ALL QUICKTIME’S FAULT!!!!
- Arduino – for Arduino-in’
- Audacity – now why is Audacity on here..?
- Avast Free Antivirus – ‘Avast, me hearties!’
- Brother P-Touch – labels, labels, everywhere.
- Excel 2016 – ‘so you’ve got your cells, your columns, your referencing and your EXTREME REFERENCING!!!!’
- Eye-Fi Manager – For Eye-Fi, surprisingly.
- Eye-Fi X2 Utility – Just read what’s about 5mm above this line…
- FastStone Image Viewer – IMPRINT stuffz
- GIMP 2 – Meant to be like photoshop but easier. I think it’s REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD!!
- Google Chrome – If you don’t know what Chrome is, where on earth have you been for the last, I don’t know, millennium!?
- Google Drive – School…
- Handbrake – Old. Not used. No, no, we have something better now… 😈
- Java – pretty self-explanatory. If you don’t have Java, you don’t have a real computer. True fact.
- Kyocera Driver – print, print, printy print
- Lightworks Video Editor – I sort-of like it. Just want something free with the ease of good old, but yeah, old Movie Maker.
- Logitech Mouse and Keyboard – typeyyyy
- Logitech Unifying Centre – more typeyyyy
- Microsoft Office 2016 Tools – stuffs…
- Movie Maker – ahh, my favourite application. Well, behind almost everything. TOO BORING!
- Mozilla Firefox – See Chrome comment.
- OneNote 2016 – Homework. Ideas. Homework. Other stuffs. Ideas. EVERYTHING!
- OneNote – #bloatware
- Outlook 2016 – Don’t use. Don’t care.
- paint.net – Me proud. Me made thumbnail in this. Me happyyyyyyeeeee
- Photo Gallery – If you don’t understand this, just keep reading the app’s name. Over and over again. Lots of times.
- Photolive – More IMPRINT stuff.
- PIXELA Transfer Software – My efforts of trying to transfer photos of a camcorder’s internal storage.
- PowerPoint 2016 – See Chrome comment.
- Publisher 2016 – See Chrome comment.
- QuickTime Player – noo not QuickTime!!
- Recuva – Google is now your friend. Go on, google it.
- Remote Utilities – Host – See above comment if you have no mind.
- Remote Utilities – Viewer – See above comment.
- SDFormatter – Just read the name. And again.
- SketchUp 2017 – ‘Moommmmyyyyy, I want to be like Kevin McCloud.’ Google him, Americans.
- Skype – Not used. Not cared about.
- Sonos – Now, I use this loads!
- Totally Accurate Battle Simulator – TABS. A laggy game. Like, really laggy.
- VMWare Workstation 12 – Windows 2000 = awesome.
- Windows Home Server 2011 Viewer – <insert google comment here>
- Windows Media Player – See Chrome comment.
- Word 2016 – Tyyypppppeeeeeeee
- Xbox – Game. Game. and Game.
- Xbox 360 Smartglass – Control Game. Control Game. and Control Game.
- Xbox One Smartglass – Play Game. Play Game. and Play Game.
This list doesn’t have the ‘Metro’ apps, but as they only include the pre-installed software, I didn’t put them in.
So, thanks for reading – that’s what’s on my PC!
All content in this post, and this website, is the property of pixelFlow.xyz.
If this post is reposted anywhere, or is copied and pasted onto another site, please give credit. For all non-credited posts, I will do whatever I can in my power to remove them.
Thumbnail from Pexels, licensed under the CC0 license. No rights reserved.
If you want to send me a piece of tech to review, please use the contact form on my website, or go here.
Made with love, imagination, and a little bit of perseverance. If you read this, comment ‘#highfive!’